My family is new to the County. What documentation do I need before I register my child(ren) in Prince George County Schools?
Please be prepared to provide the following documentation:
- Certified state issued birth certificate
- Comprehensive physical examination (K-5 only)
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency
- Previous school records
- Court issued custody papers (if applicable)
How can I keep up with my child's grades?
All parents have the ability to view their child's current academic progress by using Parent Portal. If you already have a Parent Portal account, you may access your account by logging in here. If you do not have an account, please take a moment to read some frequently asked questions about Parent Portal here. You may also use Parent Portal to email your child's teacher, check attendance records, and other important functions.
What grading scale does Prince George County Public Schools use?
The grading scale for all Prince George County Public Schools is as follows:
- A: 90 - 100
- B: 80 - 89
- C: 70 - 79
- D: 60 - 69
- F: 0 - 68
What are the procedures for Parent Drop-Off and Parent Pick-Up?
AM Parent Drop-Off:
- Due to our best efforts to instill a safe, and well-supervised environment, we ask that all students do not arrive at school prior to 8:30 a.m.
- If you are dropping your student off in the morning, you are to pull into the Parking lot behind the Cafeteria. From there, you will drive through the back gate and will be guided through a parent drop off loop. You will pull up to the orange cone and drop your student at the opening in the fence where an adult will be waiting to greet and direct them. From there, you will be guided out of the parent drop off area.
- Please have your child ready to exit the car quickly and efficiently!
- Please do not get out of the car to open car doors in the student drop off lane.
- Please refrain from dropping off students in front of the school or in the front side parking lot. This presents a safety issue when students walk through the bus loop or parking lot.
PM Parent Pick-Up:
- In the afternoon, to pick up your student, you are to park in the parking lot behind the Cafeteria. Then, walk to the gym. When the bell rings, staff will open the gym doors and you can come pick up your child and walk them back to the car.
- When picking up your students you have two choices of how to do so:
- You can fill out a form to get an Eagle Pass, which allows you to quickly flash a pass and leave.
- You can sign your student out. If you are signing your student out, you will need a photo ID.
- Phone calls regarding transportation changes should take place prior to 3:15 p.m. If parents notify the office prior to 3:15 p.m. that their child will be a parent pick-up, the child will be directed to the gym for parent pick-up.
- All parents who arrive at Walton at 3:15 p.m. or later, will be asked to go to parent pick-up to sign out their child.
Can I come eat lunch with my child?
Yes! Just please make sure that you come in and sign in at the Office when you arrive. Parents are welcome to purchase a lunch from the cafeteria ($3.25) or bring lunch with them.
Is there an easy way to manage my child's lunch account?
Yes! Parents may easily load money onto their child's lunch account by using My School Bucks, along with other simple ways to pre-load money onto the lunch account. Please refer to the County's Food & Nutrition Service Pre-Payment Options webpage for more information. A link to this page can be found in the Parents menu of the navigation row at the top of the page.